Washing soda, also known as Sodium Carbonate is a key component of laundry soaps and other household cleaning products. It easily removes dirt and tough greasy stains from clothes, utensils, floors and other surfaces.
It’s natural, safe and effective, with a multitude of uses.
It’s friendly to your health and the environment.
There are no chemical fragrances, colourants or flow agents, and is not tested on animals.
Here are just some of the ways:
- Swap half your usual laundry powder for Washing Soda – you’ll get a cleaner, softer wash as it softens the water, allowing the detergent to work better.
- Great for cleaning chopping boards, mops and dishcloths.
- A mild solution leaves windows, mirrors and tiles sparkling.
- It freshens up the toilet, tiles and grouting.
- Strong Washing Soda solution is great for removing burnt-on grease from pans and dishes.
NB – Safety and Handling
Although this is a natural product, you need to use it correctly as it has very high alkalinity and can be an irritant to sensitive skin. So please –
- Wear rubber gloves when using it if you have sensitive skin
- Consider wearing glasses to protect your eyes
- Do not inhale or consume this product
Don’t use Washing Soda on aluminium, fibreglass or polished/waxed/varnished surfaces as it reacts with these.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.